LINGER HOSPITALITY TERMS & CONDITIONS
LINGER HOSPITALITY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Reservation and Payment: The initial payment is due when the reservation is made; the initial payment is half of the Gross Rental amount plus fees and applicable taxes. Full payment of the remaining net balance of the reservation is due 30 (thirty) days prior to Guest’s scheduled arrival date. For reservations made within 30 days of arrival, payments must be paid in full at time of booking. Any payment received less than 30 days prior to check-in date must be certified funds, money order, or credit card.
Unpaid reservations will be canceled without notice after the due date. There will be a $35.00 fee for all returned checks or credit card chargebacks and any card on file may be used to recover said fee.
2. Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to the “Maximum” number of occupants shown on the Reservation Details (Sheet A). Exceeding the allowed occupancy shall constitute an immediate breach of this Agreement, and shall by default, result in forfeiture of rental fees and any prepaid security deposit. Guest must be a minimum age of 25 to rent the Home, and only family groups and responsible adults may use the Home. Unless Agent provides express written approval, only those listed in the Guest Party on Sheet A may be present in the home or on the home property. Guests that misrepresent themselves or over-occupy the Home will be required to leave without refund.
3. Use Policy: Guest and Occupants (members of Guest Party) must comply with the Use Policy described on Sheet B.
4. Cancellation Policy; No Shows; Trip Protection: Requests to cancel, or to change the dates or terms of the reservation must be made to the Agent in writing by email with return receipt, or by first class mail with tracking or other proof of mailing. Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the scheduled arrival date will receive 100% refund, less Agent’s processing fee. Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the scheduled arrival date will receive a 50% refund, less Agent’s processing fee. No full or partial refunds will be granted for no-shows, early departures, or late arrivals. Agent recommends Guest purchase Travel Protection. Changes to stay dates for the Home confirmed on “Sheet A” must be made before the return of this approved agreement; otherwise, no changes to the Home or stay dates will be made. Agent cannot guarantee confirmed rate in these circumstances.
****If Guest booked through a third party website, your reservation will be subject to the cancellation policy of the agency through which you booked, and which you agreed upon at the time of booking.****
5. Refunds: There are no refunds for late check-in or early check-out, bad weather, or illness. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, no refunds will be given if during your stay the Home is unavailable for any reason outside Agent’s control. This includes, but is not limited to, sale of property, natural disasters or visits by Mother Nature in the form of chipmunks, squirrels, spiders and other insects, lake conditions, mechanical failures, acts of government agencies, or utility outages.
6. Substitution: If circumstances cause your confirmed Home to be unavailable (for example, Home is sold, damaged, or deemed uninhabitable), Agent will attempt to find comparable accommodations, subject to your approval. In the event Agent is unable to find acceptable substitute accommodations, all monies paid will be refunded. In the event Guest is not satisfied with the substitute accommodations offered, if the Guest chooses alternate accommodations, Guest will be responsible for any difference in the rental amount. Agent cannot guarantee the confirmed rate in these circumstances.
7. Access: Agent, its agents, and its employees may enter the Home to effectuate repairs and/or maintenance, and may do so without notice to Guest if deemed necessary.
8. Handicap: Unless otherwise noted, the rental property is not handicap accessible.
9. Responsibility: Guest is solely responsible for all damage to and/or loss of any personal property (including that of Owner, Guest, and Guest Party), and for all personal injury sustained by anyone during the term of this license as a result of Guest’s use of the Home or any personal property provided by Agent or Owner. Guest also authorizes Agent to charge appropriate restitution to the credit card(s) provided to Agent by Guest for such damage or loss. Guest shall defend, indemnify and hold the Agent and the Owner harmless from all claims arising out of, or in any way related to, Guest’s use of the Home or such personal property. Guest is fully liable for all damage, excessive cleaning, or plumbing stoppages, as well as excess cleaning, plumbing stoppages, and damage to the Home or its contents as a result of Guest or Guest Party’s actions or negligence during stay, including, but not limited to, Guest’s obligation to immediately report any and all maintenance concerns to Agent. Guest assumes all risks related to the use of the lake(s), boating, and/or other recreational activities, devices and machinery. This includes the use of pools, hot tubs, and saunas, if provided. Agent is held harmless and not responsible for delivery of, quality of, or liability associated with any third party services or products secured on behalf of or suggested to Guest. This includes, but is not limited to, transportation services, floral arrangements, local activities, food products or vendors, etc.
10. Damage Fee: Agent charges Guest a non-refundable damage fee. The damage fee covers a maximum of $1,500.00 in accidental damage related to the interior of the home and/or the contents therein. Guest must report any loss or damage to the unit or its contents to Agent’s staff as soon as possible, but in no event more than 24 hours after its occurrence, or this damage will not be covered by the damage fee. The Guest shall be responsible for damage exceeding the covered total. Agent or its agents or staff will have the sole authority to determine the extent of repairs necessary. The damage fee does not cover: charges for excessive cleaning; acts of God; intentional acts of GUEST; gross negligence or willful conduct; if Guest does not report the damage to Agent’s staff by the time they check out of the unit; normal wear and tear; damage or loss caused by a pet or other animal brought to the premises by Guest; fee applies only to the direct physical loss or damage to interior of covered property. It does not cover loss of use of such property; loss or damage to any property owned by or brought to the premises by Guest. The damage fee policy becomes effective upon check-in to a unit. All benefits terminate at the end of documented stay.
11. Consequences of Breach: Any failure by Guest or Occupants to comply with any of the terms above may result in a forfeiture of Guest’s rights to rent the Home, including immediate removal from the Home without refund. In addition, Guest is responsible for, and Guest authorizes Agent to bill Guest’s credit card on file for the full amount of: (1) any damage or loss that occurs at the Home during your stay; (2) a charge of up to $500 for violation of the maximum occupancy requirement; (3) a charge of up to $500 for violations of the pet policy, including for bringing more pets or different types of pets than specifically authorized; (4) an additional cleaning fee of up to $500 for violations of any of the guest policies above (other than the pet policy) or for excessive cleaning required by the acts or omissions of any Occupant during your stay; and (5) any fines issued by police, other government officials or agencies, utility providers, and/or homeowner associations for violation of any law, ordinance, or rule during your stay, and any damages (which may exceed the amount of fines) that result from the violation.
12. Optional Travel Insurance: Linger Hospitality, LLC has partnered with RentalGuardian.com® and InsureStaysTM to help safeguard your booking deposit and other pre-paid non-refundable payments related to planned travel. We strongly encourage you to purchase optional travel insurance.
Travel Insurance covers risks incidental to planned travel such as sickness, accidental injury, or death of you or a family member (or of a traveling companion), weather delays, natural disasters, unexpected changes in your employment, and many more specified reasons.
The coverage costs 7% of your total reservation invoice. The premium charged for travel insurance is generally non-refundable after 15 days of coverage purchase.
As a covered traveler, should you have a medical issue or experience trip delay or interruption due to unforeseen developments, you may initiate your claim by calling (833) 610-0736.
Guests opting not to purchase travel insurance should be aware that no refund of your reservation deposit(s) will be available; therefore, your entire booking payment is at risk. For more information, please visit linger.rentalguardian.com or consult your coverage documents.
13. Extenuating Circumstances: Agent may need to cancel a reservation for reasons outside the Agent’s control, which may or may not include sale of the property, or refusal of an Owner to rent or re-rent to a specific Guest or group of guests or occupants. In the event of such cancellation, Guest holds Agent and Owner harmless, and agrees that it will be in the sole discretion of the Agent as to whether an alternate property will be offered, or whether any refund will be issued pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
14. Verification of Age and Statement of Truth: By signing where indicated below, Guest confirms that he/she has read, understands, and agrees to the terms and policies as specified in this agreement; that he/she is at least 25 (twenty-five) years of age; that all signatures, including electronic signatures, are confirmed to be those of the individual to whom this document is addressed; that discovery by Agent of misrepresentation of age, identity, or intent to use the Home as stated and agreed constitutes a breach of this Agreement in its entirety, and may result in immediate removal of any and all Guests from Home and/or cancellation without refund, in the sole discretion of the Agent.
SHEET B: USE POLICIES
1. Responsible Renter: As the “Main Guest,” or responsible renter, you agree to be an Occupant of the Home for the entire duration of the rental, and to leave the Home in the same order, state of repair, and cleanliness as found. All other Occupants will be family members, friends, and other responsible adults, or children accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. You agree to be solely responsible for your actions and the actions of all family members, guests, and invitees (collectively “Occupants”) present at the Home at any time during your stay, and to ensure that all Occupants understand and comply with the Terms.
2. Good Neighbor Policy: The Home is a privately owned home, and we enforce a good neighbor policy. Please treat the Home with the same care you would use with your own residence and leave it in the same condition it was in when you arrived. To prevent theft of, or damage to, furnishings or your personal property, you agree to close and lock doors and windows when you are not present at the Property and upon check-out. You and other Occupants agree to conduct yourselves throughout your stay in a manner that is respectful of and not disruptive to neighbors, traffic flow, or the community and that will not prompt complaints to Agent from police, neighbors, or neighborhood or homeowner associations. Noise audible outside the Home is prohibited between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. You and other Occupants agree to abide by all applicable parking restrictions and limitations.
3. Lost and Forgotten Items: Agent assumes no responsibility for Guest’s forgotten items, their condition when found, or their return. Upon notification and request to do so from Guest, Agent will make all reasonable efforts at Agent’s convenience to retrieve any of Guest’s items forgotten at the Home without disturbing subsequent guests. Guest agrees to prepay all shipping costs plus a $20.00 shipping and handling fee upon notification by Agent that items have been retrieved, and any card on file may be used for this purpose.
4. Inventory: All rentals are equipped with linens, towels, basic cooking utensils, pots, and pans. Linens include sheets for all beds listed on the Home’s web page, one bath towel and washcloth per Guest, one bath mat per full bathroom, one hand towel per bathroom, and one kitchen towel per kitchen. Supplied in the rental Home is a starter package which includes a roll of toilet paper for each bathroom, a roll of paper towels, a travel bottle of dish soap, and a trash bag per receptacle. You will need to purchase additional paper goods and soaps for the duration of your stay.
5. Conduct: There may be no conduct in the Home that disturbs neighbors or others. No illegal conduct may take place in the Home. Loud music is prohibited. Fireworks are not permitted at the property. Fires are permitted only if there is a designated fire pit and must be fully extinguished when no one is present.
6. Visitors: The total number of guests shall not exceed the total maximum occupancy of the Home under any circumstances. No house parties or large gatherings are allowed.
7. Vehicles: Agent restricts the number and location of vehicles parked at the Home. No tents, campers, boats, or motor homes may be used for sleeping at the Home, nor may they be connected to the utilities at the Home. Please refer to the listing details for the maximum number of vehicles permitted.
8. Pets: No pets of any kind are permitted at the Home except (1) as specifically authorized in your reservation at those properties designated as pet-friendly, or (2) bona fide service animals we are required by law to allow. If Home is pet-friendly, Guest will need to abide by the following pet policies: (1) Maximum one pet per home; (2) Pet must be properly house trained, remain off all furniture and linens, and be crated when its owner is not present; (3) Pet must be 50 lbs or less in weight; (4) Pet must be up to date on vaccinations and flea & tick treatments; (5) Pet must not engage in excessive barking, including while the pet is crated while Guests are not present at the Home; (6) Owner and pet must abide by NYS leash laws and the pet shall not be loose on the property at any time. Guest and Occupants are solely responsible for any damages resulting from incidents involving their pets or pets at neighboring properties. Agent assumes no responsibility for actions of neighbors or pets belonging to neighbors.
9. Smoking: All Homes are non-smoking including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, vaping, and marijuana. If Guests smoke in the rental Home or leaves evidence that someone during his or her rental period has engaged in smoking in the Home, Guest will be charged a fee of $1,000.00 (One thousand dollars) plus fees for additional cleaning, and any card on file may be charged for this purpose.
10. Sewer and Septic: Chemicals or substances that could contaminate groundwater should NEVER be flushed or poured down drains. Sewer and septic systems cannot be used to dispose of items other than those for which the systems are intended. Disposable diapers, moist wipes, hair combings, coffee grounds, dental floss, sanitary napkins, tampons, cigarette butts, condoms, gauze bandages, paper towels, food waste, grease, oil, etc., must NOT be flushed or poured down the Home’s drains. These items can overtax or destroy the system and/or clog pipes, resulting in expensive repairs. Guests who fail to comply and compromise these systems will be charged the full cost of professional repair and/or replacement of the system; this may include the cost of relocating subsequent guests until repairs have been made and the Home is once again suitable for occupancy. Any card on file may be charged for this purpose.
11. Docks: Unless otherwise stated, a dock is not provided with each rental Home (refer to website’s property description for details on your rental Home’s dock). Guest is solely responsible for ensuring docks, boat-lifts, and/or mooring facilities are adequate for their desired use. Guest is responsible for any damage caused to watercraft and/or property resulting from the use of those facilities. Outdoor amenities, including, but not limited to, non-motorized watercraft, furniture, and docks, are not guaranteed prior to May 15th or after September 30th.
12. Cable/Internet: Most Homes offer some form of internet access and cable television. Please refer to the Home’s listing for details. Internet access can be in the form of a wired connection to a modem or wireless access via a router. These services are offered by the local cable provider which places the function beyond the control of either the Owner or Agent. No refunds will be offered for any interruption to these services or for any lack of promptness in response time to any interruption of service. Downloading of copyrighted or illegal material is strictly prohibited at your rental Home.
13. Noise, Construction, Insects, or Loss of View: Agent will not be held responsible for disruptions to Guest’s enjoyment due to construction projects, traffic, neighboring properties, insects, lake conditions or any other circumstances beyond our control.
14. Care of Property: Guest is responsible for maintaining the property in a neat and sanitary condition. Housekeeping during your stay is not provided. Upon departure, Guest is expected to leave the property tidy, remove food from the refrigerator, place garbage outside in designated containers, turn off all lights, close windows and lock doors, and set thermostats to 72 degrees. Please do not rearrange the furniture. Guest will be responsible for any damage or losses to the rental property or for additional cleaning fees over normal wear and tear.
15. Seasonal Amenities: Seasonal amenities as specifically noted in the Home’s listing, including, but not limited to: seasonal docks, non-motorized watercraft, window air conditioners, outdoor furniture, and fire pits are available between May 15th and September 30th. Agent does not guarantee that seasonal amenities are available for any stay outside of this time period. If you do find seasonal amenities have not been put away for the winter you and your guests are welcome to utilize these during your stay, at your own risk. We highly encourage you to plan for seasonal amenities to be winterized outside of the above-specified dates, and recommend you bring a lawn chair if you intend on sitting outside. We also recommend renting or bringing your non-motorized watercrafts if you’d like to plan on an off-season paddle on the lake. Weather in the Finger Lakes region from end of September through mid-May is unpredictable and these guidelines seek to ensure our guests are kept safe, and to help protect the condition of amenities that are offered, by shielding them from inclement weather.
16. Maintenance or Housekeeping Issues; Property Conditions: Please report any maintenance or housekeeping issues upon arrival. Report damages that occur at the Home to the Agent as soon as possible, and no later than within 24 hours of occurrence. Maintenance will be provided as soon as is reasonably possible with regards to level of urgency, and we will make every effort to correct any problems that arise during your stay. However, there will be no refunds of rent or fees for mechanical failure of nonessential items such as air conditioners, TVs, DVDs, grills, non-motorized watercraft, recreational games and equipment, deck furniture, dishwashers, washers/dryers, hot tubs, or other luxury items. Homes with multiple TVs, DVDs, or VCRs will not be provided with a loaner or replacement if one fails. A reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest prior to entry, however, should an urgent situation arise, Agent reserves the right to enter the property during occupancy for the purpose of effecting necessary repairs or inspection.
17. Inaccessible Areas: Certain areas of the Home may be unavailable for guest uses. These areas may include, but are not limited to, closets, storage areas, and garages. Please respect these boundaries. Any injury or damage to person or property caused by any guest’s inability to avoid inaccessible areas will be the sole responsibility of the Guest.
18. Check-In and Check-Out Times: Check-In Time is 4:00 p.m.. Please plan your trip so that you arrive no earlier than 4:00 p.m. We ask that you do not arrive to the premises prior to this check-in time. Check-Out Time is any time prior to 10:00 a.m.. We ask that all guests and personal property be out of the house promptly on or before that time. Agent is not able to accommodate a late check-out.
Other Questions Not Addressed Here: If you need further assistance, please contact our host at 315-924-3181 or at [email protected]